The purpose of the library media center is to support the instructional program; to help students become aware of the various methods of obtaining information, and to encourage the development of the lifetime habit of reading in students.
All students are entitled to use the resources of the library media center.
However, to keep the media center running smoothly we have the following rules:
- Students may only check out 1 book at a time.
- Books are checked out for a period of 2 weeks and may be renewed as needed.
- After 30 days, if a book is still out, it will be considered lost. The lost book fee is $25.00.
- Students that have an overdue book or owe a lost library book fine will not be allowed to check out another book until the fine is paid and/or the book is returned.
- If within 30days of paying the overdue/lost fine of $25, the book has been found; the student must have the ORIGINAL RECEIPT to be issued a refund. There will be a handling fee of $5.00 applied to all refunds of lost books. The student will only be refunded $20.00.
- If a lost book is found during the summer, there will not be any refund issued.
- Students are responsible for all books checked out in their name. Do not let anyone borrow your library book.
- Students are to work/browse quietly while in the media center.
- Students must have a Hogwarts Express Train Ticket pass from their teacher in order to visit the library