Nutrient Standard Menu Planning
Gadsden City Schools follows the Nutrient Standard Menu Planning. The meals must meet the Recommended Daily Allowance established by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
Offer Versus Serve Program
Gadsden City Schools participates in the Offer vs. Serve Program. This program allows students to choose what they would like to eat. The meals are broken down into components and the students are required to take a certain number of components to have the meal qualify as a reimbursable meal.
A healthy breakfast is offered with fruit available at each meal. Milk may be selected or declined. A total of two menu items must be chosen, although all four may be taken.
- An entrée, vegetables and a fruit are offered at each meal
- Milk: Student may select or decline
- A minimum of three items must be taken
- A maximum of five items may be taken
Secondary School Prices
- Student Breakfast: $1.00
- Reduced Price Breakfast: $.30
- Student Lunch: $3.25
- Reduced Priced Lunch: $.40
- Adult and Child Guest Lunch: $4.00